Wednesday 4 October 2023

Jackies blog - Not the Cotswold Way!

Who knew we had a Banksy in the Jewellery Quarter

We have two blogs for the same week, while Brian was walking the Cotswold Way, I wasn’t!

I had a busy time, with trips into the Jewellery Quarter to discuss what to do with some of mums rings. I’m probably going to have one ring made from many, but I have to get creative. While in the Jewellery Quarter I came upon a Banksy which I didn’t know was there.

Watching the news on Thursday they was an item on the Black Sabbath Ballet , on at the Hippodrome until Saturday. There were a few returned tickets so I thought I’d have one of them! I had a lovely evening, taking myself into town in on the train, eating in China Town and going to the ballet. It was the strangest set of people, lots of heavy metal t-shirts and men looking so out of their comfort zone! I’m sure it wouldn’t have been to everyone’s taste, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, though I am disappointed that we didn’t get a cameo from guitarist, Toni Iommi, as they had on Thursday.

Arriving in my seat at the Hippodrome waiting for the Black Sabbath ballet to start

Monday I went to Abi to do a little bit of painting for her, cutting in as she can’t use her right arm at the moment, so I cleaned the newly laid tile floor too. We then worked on a little craft project I have been toying with, of which more, if it’s a success!

The rest of the time was taken up with pottering around the house, and the locale, as well as starting on the distribution of assets as the grant of probate for mum has finally arrived! Hurrah!

First attempt at making Angus dog out of his fur. He does look a bit like the real Angus in the photo



1 comment:

Louise Swanson said...

The mini Angus is brilliant!

Post a Comment